Last Updated: March 4, 2020
By visiting or using this Website or other Channels or submitting any Personal Information to SLS (or our Service Providers), you consent to the information practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with the information practices described in this Policy, you should not provide us (or our Service Providers) with any of your Personal Information or use this Website or other Channels. For purposes of this Policy, a “Service Provider” means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom SLS has an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information.
Collection of Personal and Other Information
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit this Website and through your interaction with or use of the other Channels, SLS or its Service Providers collect, process, and retain information about you, which may include Personal Information. Personal Information is information that can identify you or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name and physical address, email address, telephone number and billing information
- Past transactional behavior on the Channels
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, preferences, geographic location and information about your business or company such as its name, size and location and your role within the company
- Employment history and related Personal Information submitted by an applicant seeking employment at SLS
- As described to you when we collect the Personal Information.
Other Information We Collect
SLS and its Service Providers may also collect ‘other information’ through your interaction with and use of this Website, the other Channels and non-SLS websites which does not directly relate to an individual or reveal an individual’s specific identity. For instance, SLS and its Service Providers may collect information about your visits to this Website and the actions you take in connection with your visit through the use of use log files, cookies and other technologies which are described in more detail in the “Cookies and Other Automated Interactions” section below.
Other information that we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Unique IDs such as a cookie, web beacon, flash cookie or local shared storage placed on your computer, or mobile or device IDs
- Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) and information derived from your IP Address such as your geographic location
- Activities, interactions, preferences, transactional, and other device and connection information from your visits to this Website and other Channels such as information contained in HTTP headers, or other internet transfer protocol signals, browser or device type and version, operating system, user-agent strings and information about your preferred language
- Behavioral data about your visit to this Website or usage of the other Channels, such as the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, the content areas visited, and the dates and times of your access and activities
- The web search terms you used to locate and navigate to this Website or other Channels and the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to this Website and to which URL you browse away from this Website if you click on a link while on any Channel
- When you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages
- As described to you when we collect the information
In some instances, SLS or our Service Providers may combine other information with Personal Information, such as deriving geographical location from your IP Address. Information collected may also be combined or supplemented with information obtained from other sources. For example, we may combine publicly available information related to the organization you work for with the information that you provide to SLS. If we combine other information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How Information is Collected and Used
Personal Information and other information may be collected by SLS and our Service Providers using a variety of methods that generally fall into three categories:
- Direct Interactions. From your use of and interaction with us through the Channels and other activities such as account creation, submission of registrations and forms, or sales inquiries and applications for employment.
- Publicly Available Information / Information from Third Parties. Information from Automated Interactions on non-SLS websites, or other information you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts, or information provided by third party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists, or data aggregators.
- Automated Interactions. From the use of technologies such as Cookies; Web Beacons; IP Addresses, URLs, Log Files and Other Data; and Widgets, Buttons, and Tools.
Cookies and Other Automated Interactions
SLS‘s server will query your browser to see if there
are “cookies” previously set by this Website and our other
electronic Channels. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a
Web server to store on a Web browser so it can later be read back from
that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique
identifier, user preferences, profile information, membership information,
and general usage and volume statistical information. Cookies may also be
used to collect individualized website use data, provide electronic
Channel personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of
advertising in accordance with this Policy.
- Functional Cookies. Functional cookies are used to improve how this Website and the other Channels function and perform, to enhance and customize your interactions with SLS, and to help us provide you with more relevant messages, including marketing communications. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Channels, including which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. Functional cookies are used to improve how this Website and the other Channels function and perform, to enhance and customize your interactions with SLS, and to help us provide you with more relevant messages, including marketing communications. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Channels, including which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages.
- Web Beacons. SLS and its Service Providers use Web beacons (‘pixels’) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about visitors’ usage of this Website and interaction with emails from SLS. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed this web site, or another Channel tied to the Web beacon. Web beacons may be placed in marketing emails that notify SLS when you click on a link in the email that directs you to this Website or one of the other Channels. Web beacons are also used to operate and improve this Website or another Channel. Information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s e-mail address.
- IP Addresses, URLs, Log Files and Other Data. SLS may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself such as your browser type, your Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with your usage. Due to Internet communications standards, when you visit or use this Website or the other Channels, we automatically receive the URL of the website from which you came and the website to which you go when you leave this Website. This information is used to analyze overall trends, to help us improve the Channels, to track and aggregate non-personal information, and to provide the various Channels. The information collected may be gathered and stored in log files and then used to track and analyze both individualized usage and volume statistical information from interactions with the electronic Channels.
Opt-Out, Unsubscribe, Browser Controls, and Do-Not-Track
- Browser Controls. Automated Interaction technologies can operate across all of your browsers. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these technologies and in some instances will require additional steps beyond browser settings to manage their use and removal. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, with the ability to accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion or for opting out of targeted or interest-based advertising. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with website features and customizations.
for Targeted and Interest-Based Advertising. As described in the “Collection of Personal and Other Information” and
the “How Information is Collected and Used” sections of this Policy, SLS
uses Service Providers to display advertising on this Website and other
Channels and to manage our advertising on other sites. Our Service
Providers may use Automated Technologies such as cookies to gather
information about your activities on this Website and other Channels in
order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing
activities and interests. We do not use or provide Personal Information collected
from visits to or use of this Website or other Channels for serving
targeted or interest-based advertising. If you wish to not have this
information used for the purpose of serving you targeted or interest-based
ads, you may opt-out by clicking this link: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/;
(if you are located in the European Union, please click this link:
http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out
of being served with advertising. You will continue to receive generic
The opt-out tools described above may be cookie-based and prevent SLS and its Service Providers from using the information collected from your visit to this Website or other Channels for targeted or interest-based advertising on the browser on which the ‘opt-out’ cookies are installed. As a result, the opt out will only function if your browser is set to accept third-party cookies, it may not function where cookies are automatically or manually disabled or removed (e.g., certain mobile devices, browsers and operating systems). If you block or delete all cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, our opt-out process may not function properly and/or you may need to renew your “opt out” choice.
- Unsubscribe. SLS offers visitors, customers, and attendees of programs and events
who provide contact information a means to choose how SLS and its Service
Providers use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of
marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the
“unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
For information on how to access or change your Personal Information provided to SLS, please see the “Access and Changes to Your Personal Information” section below.
- Do Not Track. Because there is no uniform or common industry standard for how Do Not Track (DNT) signals are sent or verified, SLS does not respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, we offer opt out and other choice mechanisms described in this “Opt-Out, Unsubscribe, Browser Controls, and Do Not Track” section. If you prefer that we do not use any non-Personal Information about your website visits for delivering targeted or interest-based advertising, you may opt out at any time by clicking this link: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/; (if you are located in the European Union, please clicking this link: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). We will continue to monitor further development of a DNT standard by the privacy community and industry.
Use, Disclosure and Sharing of Information
Use of Your Information
SLS may use or share the information it collects from you, which (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law) may include Personal Information, other information, or a combination of both, in order to:
- Deliver the services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested.
- Respond directly to your information requests (including newsletter registrations or other specific requests) or other inquiries. For example, if you fill out a “Contact Me” web form, SLS will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the products, services and programs offered by SLS. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
- Provide access to protected information or materials available on this Website or through other Channels and to follow up with you after your visit.
- Understand how this Website and the other Channels are being used and personalize your experience on this Website or through other Channels by presenting products or features that are tailored to your interests.
- Allow you to participate in interactive discussions; create a profile; post comments, opportunities or other content; communicate directly with another user; or otherwise engage in networking activities. Some of these services are moderated and all may be accessed for technical reasons. SLS does not control the content that users post to these forums or social networks. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit Personal Information to these forums or social networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you submit appropriately. You should also review any additional terms and conditions that may govern your use of these Channels. To manage or remove your Personal Information from our online communities, please fill out a request form. If we are not able to remove your Personal Information, we will let you know.
- Post testimonials on our Channels that may contain Personal Information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to request the removal of your testimonial, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Information and other information of applicants interested in employment with SLS may be shared within SLS and with our Service Providers during the hiring process. SLS and its Service Providers are committed to protecting the confidentiality of job applicants.
- Send administrative communications such as important product notices including those announcing changes to our terms or policies, information about particular programs in which you have chosen to participate, promotional offers and surveys.
relevant product, services or other information which we believe may be of
interest to you, such as:
- product announcements, newsletters, and educational materials
- administrative information such as notices related to product, service, or policy changes; and
events and conferences hosted or co-sponsored by SLS or one of our
partners which may include information about the event’s content,
logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special
demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related
to your event registration.
After the event, SLS may contact you about the event and related products and services, and may share information about your attendance with your company. Where legally permitted, SLS may also allow designated partners or conference sponsors to send you communications related to your event attendance. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your Personal Information at their conference booths or presentations. You should review their privacy policies to learn how they use Personal Information.
- Diagnose technical problems with this Website or other Channels.
- Prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities or protect the security or integrity of this Website, the other Channels, our business, or our products or services.
Disclosure and Sharing Your Information
SLS may disclose your Personal Information in situations we believe to be necessary or appropriate such as:
applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence in order
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process
- respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes
- enforce this Website’s Terms and Conditions
- protect and defend our rights or property and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- act to protect the interests of our visitors, users, customers, applicants or others.
- SLS may offer solely or jointly with third parties, webinars, white paper downloads, or other services related to SLS offerings or services. We may share your contact information and product interest in these offerings or services with third parties to communicate with you.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we expect that any and all information that we have will be among the assets transferred to the relevant third party, including the Personal Information provided to us by visitors and users of the Channels.
SLS does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information collected through its Channels with third parties for their sole promotional purposes or as otherwise outlined in this Privacy Statement. SLS may share information with our Service Providers contracted to provide services on our behalf. These Service Providers may only use information we provide to them as requested and instructed by SLS.
We may aggregate or de-identify information and share that information with third parties for any purpose. We may use, transfer, and disclose other information we collect for the purposes described in this Policy and for such other purposes we decide, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we combine other information with Personal Information or are required to treat other information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information.
E.U. – U.S. Privacy Shield
We are responsible for the processing of personal data we receive under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfer to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
You may direct any inquiries or complaints related to our Privacy Shield compliance to privacy@Slsrfid.com. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Data Processing and Cross-Border Transfer of Information
Personal information collected by SLS may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country where SLS or its affiliates, subsidiaries or third-party service providers maintain facilities. When you provide Personal Information to SLS, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information within the United States and around the world.
This Website and other Channels may contain links to other sites that SLS does not own or control and whose privacy practices may differ from those of SLS. The fact that this Website or another Channel links to a third-party website or service or allows you to share content on them is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party. Please be aware that SLS is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave this Website or other Channel. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of each website that collects Personal Information, as their privacy statement will govern any Personal Information you submit to those sites. This Policy applies only to information collected by this Website and the other Channels.
SLS Community and Public Forums
This Website allows you to post comments or questions such as on a blog, public forum, or SLS Community. Some of these features allow you to provide your Personal Information to create a profile. Personal information you submit in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You should only post Personal Information to online forums with the awareness that the information will be made available to others inside and outside of SLS (unless stated otherwise). Some of these comments and discussions are moderated and may be accessed or deleted for technical or other reasons. Any comments posted by individuals on an online forum, such as SLS Community or blog, are his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of SLS. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at privacy@Slsrfid.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
SLS uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect and secure the information we collect, and we employ industry standard security measures to ensure the security of information. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. SLS is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of information. Visitors to and users of this Website and the other Channels are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any Channels. To protect you and your information, SLS may suspend your use of a Channel, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of any Channel is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. If you have any questions about the security of information, you can contact us at privacy@Slsrfid.com.
Retention of Information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you regarding our services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, simply send your request to privacy@Slsrfid.com or contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to your request to access or delete your information within 30 days following our receipt of your request. We will continue to retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Reports generated from aggregated or de-identified information such as performance graphs (e.g., number of page views, number of unique visitors, etc.) may be kept longer.
Access and Changes to Your Personal Information
SLS will allow an individual to access their Personal Information to the extent it is available and allow the individual to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks of the individual’s privacy in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. If you have provided Personal Information when registering for this Website or when requesting information about SLS or its products, services, programs or events, or if you change your mind about receiving information from us, you may access and modify that information at any time by sending us a request specifying updated information or your new choice. Simply send your request to privacy@Slsrfid.com or contact SLS using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. We will process your request within a reasonable period of time after receipt.
SLS does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals who are under 13 years of age, and no part of this Website or the other Channels are designed to attract people under the age of 13. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a visitor is under the age of 13, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or if you need to update, change or remove information, you can do so by contacting by regular mail addressed to:
Smart Label Solutions, Inc.
2287 Grand Commerce Drive
Howell, MI 48855
If you have an unresolved EEA privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the relevant EU data protection authority, as applicable. If you have a non-EEA privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change or update this Policy at any time. Changes
to this Policy will be posted on this Website and links to this Policy will
indicate that the statement has been changed or updated. We encourage you to
periodically review this Policy for any changes. We will notify you of material
changes to this Policy by email or by means of a notice on this Website.