How do I get a ROI using RFID?
An RFID tag costs more than a barcode, but the more times you can use it in the supply chain, the easier your ROI.
What’s the best RFID tag?
RFID tag choice is completely dependent on the use case, the product it’s on, how you want to read it, and how it’s used in its life cycle.
Where does RFID fit in my process?
- Any place where data collection inaccuracy is caused by human intervention.
- Barcode scanning a pallet that is going on a truck. If the user forgets, the product leaves the facility where by auto scanning eliminates that error.
- Verifying box contents. Item level tagged items that are packed in a box. Verify that proper contents are in a box before shipping. Eliminates shipping errors.
- Receiving – auto receive goods, no relying on barcode scanning/counting
- Shipment verification inbound/outbound
What does a rollout look like?
- 1700 doors in 12 months across 18 facilities
- 214 at a single facility in 8 days